The Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys (DMMDT) was founded in 1981 through the support of a grass-roots community coalition of miniature doll artists, business owners, and civic leaders. From 1981 to 1987 volunteers managed the museum with no paid staff or public facility and its exhibits were presented throughout the community. In the fall of 1987, in cooperation with the Colorado Historical Society, the museum opened at its present location, the Pearce-McAllister Cottage.
During the last year, DMMDT has been an organization in transition. Building on a great volunteer base, great programming and a 25 year history, we wish to become even better. The board adopted a strategic plan in May 2006 and under the board's leadership the organization is moving in a direction of financial and operational transparency, professionalism and community involvement.
For more information, call (303) 322-1053